Regional Training for Home School/ Title VII Indian Education/Johnson O'Malley Coordinators and Program Staff
These trainings will provide opportunities for both facilitators, presenters, and participants to share information, resources, best practices, and model programs.
These discussions will allow everyone to share their insights and discuss how their respective programs can provide assistance to Home School/Title VII/Johnson O'Malley Coordinators and Program Staff in the state of Wisconsin. Future planning and information needs will also be discussed.
By attending this training workshop, participants will:
- Be provided with current information on data that affects Native American students in Wisconsin.
- Given an opportunity to hear culturally responsive practices for working with Native American students and families.
- Gain insights and hear suggestions on the current state of education for Native American students.
- Home School Coordinators
- Title VII Indian Education Coordinators and Program Staff Members
- Johnson O'Malley Coordinator and Program Staff Members
- Tribal Education Directors and Program Staff Members
Schedule, Fees, and Registration
There are no fees associated with this training, but pre-registration is required. The Disproportionality Technical Assistance Network ("The Network") grant will cover mileage reimbursement per participant.
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am | Registration & Continental Breakfast (Provided)
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm | Morning Training Workshop
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | Lunch (Provided)
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Afternoon Training Workshop
**Mark Your Calendars**
The STATEWIDE Training for Home School/ Title VII Indian Education/Johnson O'Malley Coordinators and Program Staff will be held on April 24, 2017at:
The Plaza Hotel & Suites
201 N. 17th Ave
Wausau, WI 54401
Ph: (800) 754-9728
Registration will be available soon. Visit the website for updates and registration as it becomes available.
For questions, contact Judy Ross at (715) 682-2363, ext. 118 or jross@TheNetworkWI.com.