Reviewing Universal Reading Instruction (Marshfield/Abbotsford)
This training will be provided on varying days depending upon what your role and support is for the Elementary and Secondary buildings in your district. When registering, please indicate which dates you plan to attend. The training days are as follows:
Elementary Team Attendee
Secondary Team Attendee
Leader/Supporter of both Elementary & Secondary Team Attendee
Please bring an electronic device with you.
- School or district teams of three or more (principal or school/district decision maker, such as curriculum director is essential)
- Representation of general education (including 4K teachers for elementary teams and cross-content area teachers for secondary teams) and special education (including EC)
- Support Staff and Specialists including: reading specialists, literacy coaches, Title One, ESL, gifted and talented
School teams will learn how to refine their school-wide implementation of strong universal reading instruction including guidance to:
- Understand the need for a strong systemic reading foundation built upon organizational trust and common foundational beliefs.
- Articulate current practices around universal reading components from the Wisconsin State Standards.
- Understand the impact of instructional time, grouping, and classroom environment on the effectiveness of the Universal level of support.
- Recognize the benefit that common language and systemic best practice have within your multi-level system of support framework (RtI framework).
- Action plan for school improvement around the Universal level of support for Reading instruction.
Sarah Nelson, Lynn Johnson, Kao Moua Her
Wisconsin RtI Center Technical Assistance Coordinators
$195 per participant. Includes registration breakfast, networking lunch, textbooks, and materials for all training days.
Please submit payment to CESA 5. Include the name of individual registered as well as the name of the training when submitting payment.
Attn: Accounts Receivable
626 E. Slifer St.
Portage, WI 53901