Tactical Attack: Teaching & Assessing Using a Tactical Games Approach in Physical Education (Tomahawk HS)
The Tactical Games Approach to teaching in physical education is a problem solving approach to teaching games and activities. YOU facilitate the learning process and THEY learn how to problem solve! Participants will learn how to implement a Tactical Games Approach into their current K-12 units and how to implement different types of assessment to increase student learning.
- Learn how the Tactical Games Approach can address multiple Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) National Standards and Grade Level Outcomes
- Learn how to teach tactics and decision making skills through questioning instead of direct instruction
- Have large classes? Learn how to keep ALL students engaged in the learning process through the use of peer evaluations.
- Create assessment tools including self and peer evaluations.
- Have iPads? iPhones? Let’s use them to increase learning!
Deb Sazama is a lecturer at UW-LaCrosse in the physical education teacher program and specializes in PK-12 teaching methods, assessment, standards based instruction and curriculum. She also places and supervises field students and student teachers.
PK-12 Physical Education Teachers, Curriculum Leaders
$75 per person for School Improvement Members
$175 per person for non-School Improvement Members
Includes all resources, snacks and lunch
Linda Myers, Associate Director School Improvement Services