4K/5K Networking Meeting
4K/5K Head Start Networking Meeting
Facilitator: Wendi Schreiter, CESA 8 EC PST
If you are a 4K, 5K, Head Start, or Child Care teacher who would like to have an opportunity to openly discuss critical topics with other educators in the field, here is your chance! Many times we get stuck in ruts, whether it be how or what to teach. Networking is a time that is developed specifically to get ideas from others on how they handle everything from discipline to play to assessment and anything in between. The topics are driven by the participants.
Why spend time networking?
- Sharing ideas with others allows you to avoid "re-inventing the wheel" and to maximize your time teaching vs. planning. Adding new techniques helps you to enhance classroom learning experiences.
- Connecting with teachers from other schools will assist educators in being up to date on curriculum and content changes and delivery methods.
- Collaboration builds capacity. Capacity builds better teachers. Better teachers build better students!
- Inclusion (What/Why/How): Will discuss the new federal Department of Education Joint policy statement and what an inclusive classroom looks like including how to work with special educators
- Role of Para's: How much help is too much for specific children
- Assessment for Indicator 7: What does this mean for the gen ed teacher?
- Developmentally Appropriate Practice in 4K/5K: What are the recommendations based on evidence and law?
- Classroom Environments: What is the best way to set up a 4K classroom? A 5K classroom?
- Parent Engagement: We got them to come, now what?
COST: $25.00 per person - Lunch is provided