THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL! Handwriting Without Tears: Prek-2nd Grade
Registration deadline is February 20, 2017
as materials need to be ordered for this training.
Handwriting Without Tears Training
CESA #12 Conference Center
March 9, 2017
Registration: 8:00 - 8:30 AM
Training: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Come with a team to learn about implementation of the Handwriting without Tears process. The highly effective, interactive training will focus on learning new ways to enhance children’s well being and school readiness, as well as provide the knowledge, skills, and materials needed to effectively teach print. This workshop will provide the opportunity to think about Handwriting as a “systematic approach” for young children as they proceed through their school career.
Objectives for the training are:
· Understand the writing process
· Understand the importance of foundational skills prior to paper and pencil
· Plan instruction based on developmental stages for writing readiness,
· Learn to teach size, shape and position concepts for pre-writing, and sensory motor skills
· Develop hands on letter play to build beginning habits for letter and number formation
· Understand how to use developmental strategies to help children progress
· Identify handwriting assessments
Patty Bunce, OTR. Having worked with the Handwriting Without Tears program for the past 17 years, Patty has been a National Presenter for HWT for over 15 years. She currently sees children privately and does school consulting both in Milwaukee and the Washington, D.C. area.
Viterbo Credit Available