Literacy Leaders Network: On The Cutting Edge of Literacy Leadership
Questions? Please contact Amy Ruppert @ (920) 236-0562
Literacy leaders, join us for this networking opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of literacy issues at the local, state and national levels.
We will devote time and thoughtful attention to the following areas:
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction’s (DPI) Vision of RtI (Response to Intervention)
- Understand the two approaches to RtI: Problem-Solving Approach and Standard Treatment Protocol Approach:
- What are the distinct characteristics of each approach?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses?
- Examine how each member’s district is using the approach of their choosing
- Examining Your RtI System:
- How are you doing now with DPI’s RtI Readiness Checklist?
- Too Fast? – Missing Opportunities and Data Points
- Too Slow? – Intervention Parameters and Methods for Determining Responsiveness
- Understand how Wisconsin’s SLD Rule fits within RtI and how RtI is separate from the SLD Rule
Leadership Tools for Literacy Leaders
- Leaning on our nation’s foremost supporters of educational leaders (Learning Forward, ASCD, ILA), members will be equipped with tools to address their most pressing challenges.
- Each meeting, members meet in small groups around a topic of interest. Group discussions will be supported by a professional article, supplied by Kathy.
Models to Support Problem Solving
- Prior to the meeting, members submit challenges they are currently or will soon be, experiencing. Kathy will offer a leadership model that will support members in examining and generating solutions. Collaboratively, members will apply the model to the problem solving process.
Who should attend?
Literacy leaders who support classroom teachers: literacy coaches, instructional coaches, principals and curriculum and instruction directors
You won’t want to miss the morning network: Tooling Up for Literacy Coaching
The morning sessions will connect you with nationally renowned experts in the field of coaching. In each session, one expert will provide training in the use of one powerful coaching tool. The CESA 6 Literacy Center team will further support you in the planning and use of the tool with your teachers.
CLICK HERE for more information.