ESEA Comprehensive Needs Assessment & Program Planning
Questions? Please contact Sue Christensen @ (920) 236-0546
Because there is never enough money to meet all needs, needs assessments are conducted to identify and select the right focus for your work before doing the work right. Federal funding requires each district to conduct an annual comprehensive needs assessment that will be used to prioritize needs, set goals, develop reform plans and budget ESEA funds as a consolidated process. A needs assessment focuses on the ends or outcomes rather than the means. A needs assessment then leads to action that will improve programs, services, organizational structure and operations. This workshop is designed to help establish some procedures for conducting a district comprehensive needs assessment or provide the opportunity to examine current procedures. In addition, the process for setting up WISEgrants access will be detailed as well as an opportunity to network with others about needs assessments and program planning.
- Introduction of the new WISEgrants application process and structure for ESEA and IDEA.
- Examine current district comprehensive needs assessment procedures and formats or structures.
- Understand how to triangulate data together to provide an in-depth picture of the district and its schools.
- Gather strategies and tools for collecting and analyzing relative data.
- Review ways to utilize data for a comprehensive plan.
- Explore how to use systems and structures to monitor and revise established goals.
- Network with other districts.